Paid Search Marketing Manager
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Digital Marketing team within Gap Inc.'s Customer and Strategy Team manages global online acquisition and direct response marketing for the Gap online brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Intermix). The Paid Search Marketing Manager will manage pay-per-click (PPC) marketing efforts for search engines, feed based programs, and shopping engines for the Gap Inc. brands in the US and International. Each brand is vastly different with unique challenges.
Monitor industry trends, testing, adapting and optimizing Search Engine Marketing (SEM) strategy using a measurable approach.
• Manage delivery of regular performance reports for search programs, identifying areas of opportunity and messaging out key wins.
• Manage process for tracking SEM programs within our reporting tools. Establish benchmarks and metrics that consistently drive efficiency and effectiveness, as well as understand impacts on online and offline business.
• Work with agency to manage trafficking of all assets for our search marketing programs, i.e. keywords, copy, etc.
• Develop relationships and manage regular calls with our search marketing agency, third party staffing vendors and search engines.
• Continually innovate best practices and source, test, and evaluate potential new sources of high quality traffic.
• Manage and effectively pace large budgets; understand the importance of financial metrics.
• Advanced knowledge of SEM tactics pertaining to core brand search, long-tail branded search, nonbrand search, (Product Listing Ads) PLAs and (Local Inventory Ads) LIAs.
• 3-4 years direct experience managing paid search programs, preferably at a multi-brand organization or agency.
• Strong reporting and analysis skills. Experience with Adwords, a bid management platform (e.g. Marin) and Omniture Site Catalyst desirable.
• 4+ years of business experience, preferably in online marketing with a strong preference for experience in retail.
• Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and vlookups.
• Working business knowledge of tag management, tracking pixels, data feeds, partner tracking and data exchange.
• Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving. Technical proficiency in common online technologies, including tracking and analytics platforms. Ability to quickly learn and become fluent in new technologies.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills; highly detail-oriented.
• Innate curiosity.
• Competitive for our team's success as a team.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top