Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the employee functional and organizational objectives for the GSC Logistics network by designing, developing and delivering training content.
- Onboard and train new employees on how to effectively perform their job; continuously monitor and assess performance against operational and behavioral standards.
- Design intuitive and engaging eLearning courses that support independent and sustainable learning.
- Facilitate virtual, on-the-job, and formal classroom trainings as needed.
- Under the support of the L&D Manager and Project Manager: design course storyboard and develop multimedia based learnings to support virtual cross-site and in-person facilitation and partnerships.
- Partner with Project Manager to conduct needs, learner and task analysis to identify best training design and delivery method.
- Provide leadership as the central Learning and Development point-of-contact for the campus/region assigned.
- Communicate ongoing transformation efforts and updates to teams of their changing environment in order to instill accountability and support.
- Build rapport and trust across network to positively influence and impact organization to accelerate the change acceptance process.
- Partner with Project Manager to perform data analysis on performance patterns, learner retention, and application for improving training curriculum.
- Partner with Project Manager to assess return on investment (ROI) of training programs and identify solutions to improve training efficiency.
- Increase organizational performance results by exploring and developing new training solutions and initiatives.
- Utilize the Learning Management System to create courses and classes. Update classes with attendance and grades to ensure accurate reporting.
- Work in close partnership with Operations to support the performance quality and efficiencies through appropriate and timely training interventions.
- Assist in the delivery of training sessions conducted by various business leaders (e.g. Merchants, Vendors, IT, LP, Safety, Finance, etc.).
- Partner with Project Manager, L&D Manager, department leaders and subject matter experts to ensure development is on course.
- Delivery of Gap Inc. training as needed.
- Maintain training standards provided by the L&D Manager and Project Manager to meet prescribed timelines. Communicate any project roadblocks to L&D Manager.
- Delivery of training content which supports the organization's functional and organizational objectives.
- Partner with L&D Manager and Project Manager to improve training effectiveness by identifying and utilizing new approaches and techniques. Continually suggest improvement for on-going/supplemental training programs.
- Identify critical issues and report them to the L&D Manager.
- Support the greater Global Logistics training design and facilitation as needed.
- Ensure effective communications-up, down, and across the business.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Classroom Training Development, Virtual Course Design, eLearning Development, Multimedia Training Design, On-the-Job Training, video authoring and Instructional Design experience.
- Skilled in virtual and formal classroom facilitation.
- Strong understanding of training and adult education theories.
- Experience with performance management technologies, Microsoft Office products, HTML, and web authoring software.
- Excellent analytical, communications and decision-making skills.
- Strong instructional design/writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or other software/database skills, photo and audio editing software, Adobe programs such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Connect and PDF Writer.
- Excellent at utilizing resources and finding answers and solutions in ambiguous environments and complex situations.
- Highly self-motivated; takes initiative on own development and seeks new skills.
- Requires standing for long periods of time while training a class (5-8 hours per day).
- Requires an interactive, hands-on training approach through walking around the training environment for various periods of time.
- Ability to coordinate and setup learning environments, activities and materials.
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet business needs, including nights and weekends.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of training experience
- Knowledge of Learning Management System administration
- Knowledge of Contact Center and/or Distribution Center systems and processes strongly preferred
- Business knowledge of Manhattan Associates-Warehouse Management application preferred
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
KEY BENEFITS :
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet.
- Company paid vacation, sick days, float and bereavement days
- Maternity leave top up.
- Employee retirement savings plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees eligible to receive health, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Employee family assistance program.
*For eligible employees
The Canada benefits listed above do not constitute fundamental terms of the employment contract, and are subject to employee eligibility and employer discretion. The company reserves the right to amend or eliminate these benefits from time to time at its sole discretion.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top