Operations Supervisor - Fresno Distribution Campus
About the role
First-line supervisor responsible for direct supervision of multiple employees in a large, multi-faceted environment, which includes departments such as Inbound, Stocking, Picking, Sorters, and Shipping. Primary area of focus is on employee engagement. Includes decision making in evaluating performance, hiring and termination. Ensures that daily production volumes are met or surpassed. Exercises independent discretion and judgment in the execution of business strategies by providing leadership & direction to the team. Trains, coaches and develops associates on efficient work methods to increase departmental productivity. Participates in annual budget preparations. Monitors all results for the department and determines changes that are needed in procedures or conditions that could affect operating costs. Collaborates with Resource Planning Analyst to plan, make decisions, and organize day-to-day operations. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
What you'll do
- Spends approximately 75% of time on the floor with associates building relationships, coaching, teaching, developing and providing performance feedback .
- Provides direct supervision to a team of skilled employees, which includes Workflow Coordinators & Merchandise Handlers.
- Administers policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities.
- Responsible for creating and supporting a great place to work environment by observing and coaching employees on proper job-related behaviors (JRBs) and providing timely feedback on necessary action plans.
- Sets and communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results.
- Owns, completes and delivers annual performance evaluations for each associate and independently delivers related messages to employees.
- Ensures production and accuracy standards meet DC objectives.
- Impacts business through responsibility for end results of the team or unit.
- In partnership with the Resource Planning Analyst, plans and uses independent discretion to organize day-to-day operations activities/objectives.
- Wave planning, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly targets and goals, shift turnover.
- Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by identifying process improvements and using best judgment to determine next steps for influencing change and partnering with leadership to resolve.
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organization policies.
- Resolves problems requiring broad-based analysis to determine solution.
- Presents problem analysis of operational issues (such as sudden productivity dips) and recommends solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Motivates others and promotes collaboration and accountability to meet team goals.
- Builds trust with direct & indirect business partners by explaining rationale behind business processes & approach taken to decision making.
- Discusses and presents information and issues with business partners located in various departments (such as finance and engineering)
- Participates in a team setting to provide solutions to business partners & customers.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems including KRONOS, DLx, and WMS
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop both self and others.
- Understand computer applications, such as Microsoft Suite, and utilize applications to do analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to analyze problems, create solutions, and multi-task with attention to detail.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred.
- 3-5 years of line supervision preferred
- Basic understanding of data processing principles, planning and organizing, knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to develop and use variable budget.
- Flexible to work any shift.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons as needed.
Back to top