Operations Supervisor - Distribution
- Newburgh, NY
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.If you're ready tothink big,learn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly, join our team.
About the role
A role of Operations Supervisor in a Gap Inc. distribution or fulfillment center places you on the front line of delivering product to our customers as fast as possible, using the latest in technology and innovation while motivating and coaching the greatest of employees. Your diligence and focus at quality leadership, process improvements, financial and budgetary acumen will drive business results within an ever evolving distribution center environment. Your analytical skills tied to leadership drive will impact thousands of customers across the globe. Safety, employee excellence, and teamwork through engagement will be your daily focus. The Supervisor will achieve results through exceptional decision making, problem solving, and analysis utilizing planning and process management, communication and leadership skills.
What you'll do
- Provide supervision of a distribution center team including but not limited to productivity, performance, accuracy, safety, and attendance through a timebound accountability of standards
- Operations Supervisor will oversee a dynamic team operation, working multiple productive and supportive functions by training, motivating, coaching and developing the team to achieve and exceed service and facility goals to support our customers
- Ensure a superior customer experience that fully supports the brand image and service level agreements
- Embrace continuous improvement, process development and positive change to identify best solutions
- Identify opportunities to improve practices, mitigate risk, optimize technology and present recommendations to DC leadership; leveraging supporting teams to meet and exceed goals
- Assess, plan and drive results within the team to ensure adherence to agreed levels of work expectations
- Ensure effective communications; up, down and across the business
- Ability to work various shifts as required; 90% of time is on the floor
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years distribution operations experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with automated WMS, RF scanning preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate and apply information
- Effective issue resolution skills
- Accountable, enthusiasm, reliability and drive for results in present capacity
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and/or other software/database skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top