Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsibilities include; leading and developing a team of Merchandise Handlers who service Gap Inc. Global Supply Chain's on-line customer orders. Provide coaching feedback that drives customer satisfaction, business results and creates a competitive advantage for the business. Ability to partner with your Manager and leadership team to develop an optimized strategy for the Distribution Center Team by efficiently and effectively addressing team inquiries and issues, and developing team members' skills, knowledge and abilities to meet and exceed expectations. Supervisor will achieve results through exceptional decision making quality and problem solving, an extraordinary customer focus, outstanding planning and process management, and developing a team engaged in the department's success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Supervision of a distribution center team
- Monitor Merchandise Handlers performance to meet and exceed productivity, accuracy, quality, attendance, and safety targets for the team and individually
- Ability to engage your team; train, motivate, coach and develop Merchandise Handlers to achieve full performance
- Issue corrective action as necessary
- Lead daily shift meetings
- Ensure a superior customer experience that fully supports the brand promise (GSC and online brands)
- Embrace ongoing process development and beneficial change to identify best solutions
- Identify opportunities to improve practices and optimize technology and present recommendations to leadership
- Develop proficiency in performing all tasks performed by Merchandise Handlers
- Assess, plan and drive workload within the team to ensure adherence to agreed levels of work expectations
- Team engagement; be the first line of contact responding to employee's questions and addressing their concerns
- Ensure effective communications-up, down and across the business
- Model and drive Gap's "Wear Your Passion" culture and philosophy
- Ability to work various shifts as required
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Present a professional demeanor and presence
- Open minded; continually seeks to find new and creative way to accomplish tasks
- Ability to learn and perform all tasks of a Merchandise Handlers in your assigned area
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate and apply information
- Effective issue resolution skills
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven analytical abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate to motivate, develop and engage employees
- Passion, enthusiasm, reliability and drive for results in present capacity
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and/or other software/database skills
- Knowledge of safety and employment regulations
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma required
- Post-secondary education (university degree or college diploma) in a related discipline preferred or equivalent experience
3) Minimum experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years distribution operations experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of leadership experience
- Experience with automated WMS, RF scanning preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top