About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
About the role
Day or Afternoon Shift
First-line Supervisor responsible for supervision of approximately 25 employees in a large, multi- environment including departments such as Inbound, Stocking, Picking, Sorters, Shipping, Online outbound.
Primary area of focus is on employee engagement and Performance.
Includes decision making in evaluating departmental individual and Facility performance, hiring and termination.
Ensures that daily production goals are met or surpassed.
Trains, coaches and develops associates on efficient work methods to increase departmental productivity.
Participates in annual budget preparations.
Monitors result for each department area and advise Operations Manager of changes in procedure or conditions, which could affect operating costs.
Collaborates with Resource Planning Analyst to plan and organize day-to-day operations.
All work is done in partnership and under the supervision of the respective Operations Manager. Position will require flexibility to work any shift.
What you'll do
- Participative and high visibility role within this function
- Provides direct supervision to a team of associates
- Administers policies/guidelines that directly impact work flow and performance
- Responsible for creating and supporting a Healthy, safe and productive work environment by observing and coaching employees on proper behaviors
and providing timely feedback on necessary action plans
- Sets and communicates clear expectations for work outcomes
- Completes and delivers annual performance evaluations for each associate
- Ensures production and accuracy standards meet DC objectives
Impacts business through responsibility for end results of the team or unit
- In partnership with all departmental supervisors and Managers
plans and organizes day-to-day operations activities/objectives
- Improves efficiency, quality and service by fostering a work culture of continuous improvements
- Integrates efforts across work units
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organization policies
- Resolves problems requiring broad-based analysis to determine solution
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Motivates others and promotes collaboration and accountability to meet team and facility goals
- Builds trust; explains rationale behind processes, approaches and decisions to both direct and indirect business partners
- Discusses and presents information and issues within department and with business partners within groups such as finance and engineering
- Participates in a team setting to provide business partner/customer solutions
- Responsible for driving and sustaining results
- Responsible for removing barriers to ensure goal attainment and a positive work culture
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems such as KRONOS, DLx, WMS, Manhattan Systems
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred or Relative experience
3) Minimum experience:
- Demonstrated Supervisory Skills
- Basic understanding of data processing principles, planning and organizing, knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to develop and use variable budget
- Flexible to work any shift
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons as needed
- Cannot be on corrective action at the written warning level or above during selection process
- Must have an overall YTD rating of OT (On Target) or better as measured by the last APP/PPA review delivered
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities.
The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet, and 10% off markdowns at Gap, Banana Republic and Outlet.
- Company paid vacation, sick days, float and bereavement days
- Maternity leave top up.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee retirement savings plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees eligible to receive health, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Tuition tuition reimbursement.
- Employee family assistance programs.
*For eligible employees
The Canada benefits listed above do not constitute fundamental terms of the employment contract, and are subject to employee eligibility and employer discretion. The company reserves the right to amend or eliminate these benefits from time to time at its sole discretion.
Back to top