Operations Manager - Fresno Distribution Campus
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Manages two or more processing or support areas, manages overall performance of shift, and interfacing with brand and store business partners. Prepares reports and operating budgets and ensures that areas are meeting or exceeding production objectives. Exercises independent discretion and judgment in the execution of business strategies by providing leadership & direction to the team. This position manages the Analyst and Supervisor positions and reports to the Facility Director. Overall, this position is responsible for 100 to 125 employees. This position requires coaching, leadership and people development skills. Prepares annual budget. Responsible for developing business plans, creating tracking strategies and using independent judgment to ensure department stays within financial budget.
- Manage & motivates assigned direct reports & facility personnel to accomplish daily and yearly objectives. Contributes to policy/program development through administration and execution of policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities
- Establish, plan, and implement the necessary employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous performances improvement, which impacts all aspects of functional and business results
- Sets direction for the facility while anticipating operations issues and develops preventative measures by analyzing quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positively impact productivity
- Works with business partners throughout network (to include other Operations Managers, Facility Directors, Campus Leaders, Brand Directors, and store business partners) to integrate and align efforts across the DCs and functions
- Manages relationships with brands and stores by visiting stores and meeting with brand directors to make brand decisions and solutions to better service delivery and brand tailored solutions
- Demonstrates business leadership throughout the organization by using independent discretion to create and achieve short and long-term strategic and tactical plans for the Distribution Center guided by broad policies, objectives and standards
- Owns & develops plans for promoting team collaboration and accountability for meeting productivity goals, while building, motivating and leading cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of the company
- Uses independent judgment to build & promote free flow of information and communication throughout the organization that will encourage change while maintaining operative effectiveness & success
- Listens actively and encourages an open expression of ideas and opinions which leads to an overall consensus using diversity of opinion when making decisions
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal/external levels & uses these techniques to decide the appropriate approach to use during meetings, one-on-one discussions, and in small group presentations
- Engages staff by having floor time presence, a critical job duty for Operations Managers
- Ensures direct reports have appropriate tools, provides support and information, coaches & trains, gives timely recognition and feedback, creates developmental plans, owns team production, and makes key decisions that impact team direction
- Works with cross-functional teams to make decisions that will best serve the entire global organization
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems, to include KRONOS, DLx, and WMS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to manage for results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze EOS results and lead action plans to resolve issues
- Ability to manage employee conflict and successful resolution
- Ability to assess talent and build development plans
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop team members
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to review data/processes & independently determine/implement solution
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence
- Ability to proactively plan and organize work to accomplish goals
- Strong time management skills
- Fully functional professional knowledge in all relevant areas: organizational culture, standards and business goals; people and project management skills; competitor/industry practices within subject area
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelors' degree required, MBA preferred
3) Minimum experience:
- Preferred 7-10 years line supervision
- Knowledge and experience using various computer systems, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Experience with development and use of variable budgets; familiar with basic accounting principles
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons as needed
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top