Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Operations Director reports into a Campus / Region Leader and is responsible for meeting the people, cost, and service metrics within their respective fulfillment operation with a team of 3-6 managers and up to 800 total staff. The Director must also partner with various cross functional leaders within the campus and across the network and HQ to include Brand Operations, Transportation, Engineering & Maintenance, Finance, Loss Prevention, Human Resources and others as necessary.
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (reflects scope & complexity)
- Leads a team of 3-6 managers with up to 30 total exempt leaders in an operation totaling anywhere from 300 to 800 employees.
- Is a member of the DC Leadership Team (DCLT) and must collaborate with cross functional partners across the Logistics Network and HQ.
- Responsible for a budget of up to $50M USD.
COMPETENCIES (Leadership competencies most important for this role)
Collaboration & Influencing
- Leads operation by providing strategic direction to the operational leaders and ensuring staff is available, trained and motivated to deliver cost, service, and people metrics and targets.
- Drives accountability and standardized best practices and leverages support functions to optimize the DC operation.
- Owns the budget and develops initiatives to improve cost performance.
- Ensures DC operates in compliance with all company policies and procedures, follows all legal and regulatory requirements, and reinforces and adheres to company values and mission.
- Manages communications across the DC, campus, and network to ensure alignment with all cross functional partners.
- A minimum of 7 years of management experience in Logistics, preferably in Distribution and Fulfillment, with experiences working with transportation, inventory management, demand / brand planning, engineering, and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with automated distribution systems, warehouse management systems, budgeting and expense analysis and management is critical.
- A proven ability to develop and retain management staff.
- A demonstrated ability to establish, monitor, report, and action plan against budget requirements.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top