Online Marketing Manager, Editorial, Banana Republic
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the creation and implementation of seasonal site & email initiatives for Banana Republic North America Online. Strong problem solving, creativity, analytical thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit are key to ensure success in this role. This role will report to the Director, Brand Communications.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement overall strategy and execution for BR online merchandise site & email experience to meet business objectives, providing a seamless cross-channel experience that delivers innovation and builds the brand.
- Contribute to overall seasonal site & email strategy as well as translate product stories into compelling marketing messages that inspire our customer and drive conversion.
- Identify opportunities to optimize merchandise site & email content for North America, rooted in deep understanding of competitors, customers, and trends.
- Work proactively with merchandising and marketing teams to identify strong product storytelling opportunities. Deliver a compelling mix of product focused, brand specific and editorial approaches.
- Create inspiring and strategic marketing briefs that balance the needs of key customer segments with overall brand/merchandising objectives.
- Meet with global team seasonally to align on seasonal product stories and nuances for market.
- Support strategic partnerships that increase brand awareness across store & online marketing channels on an ad hoc basis.
- Effectively collaborate across several functions including, but not limited to, creative, production, CRM, email vendor.
- Maintain reporting for seasonal site & email initiatives: determine key metrics, data source, and report format. Track and analyze performance and report out learnings and recommendations.
- Share results and best practices across all levels of the organization & share learnings with peers at sister brands.
- Present weekly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting to business partners, and ensure hindsights are shared and utilized with key business partners.
- Mentor and develop Assistant Marketing Manager.
94105• Proven track record of evolving, innovating and executing successful seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Excellent communications skills: timely follow-up, ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams.
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills to foster relationships with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think strategically by analyzing data, interpreting it for a broad audience and develop fact-based recommendations to drive marketing decision-making and execute compelling campaigns.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and present effectively in a variety of presentation settings.
- Self-starter and solution oriented mindset, with proven ability to successfully work through ambiguity.
- Extremely detail-oriented with passion for flawless execution.
- Extensive experience in building effective cross functional relationships and navigating the complexities of a large organization.
- Superior time management skills – able to deliver complex strategies under tight deadlines & thrive under pressure, ambiguity & a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Omniture and CRM experience a plus.
- Background in online retail/fashion industry preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in retail/ecommerce.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top