Online Marketing Manager - Banana Republic Japan
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
The Marketing Manager for Banana Republic Online Japan is responsible for the creation and implementation of seasonal site, mobile, email, and promotional strategies for bananarepublic.co.jp. The Marketing Manager will partner with the Japan Specialty Marketing team and Online teams to build campaigns that engage customers and drive key business metrics.Strong problem solving, innovation, analytical thinking, and an entrepreneurial spirit are key to ensure success in this role, which will report into the Senior Marketing Manager, Banana Republic Online International.
• Drive overall strategy and execution for bananarepublic.co.jp site and mobile marketing, emails, and promotions to drive traffic, increase conversion, and acquire new customers
• Collaborate with various cross-functional partners to grow the Japan business via a variety of marketing messages while also developing clear objectives and strategies for localized content
• Identify opportunities to optimize the Japanese online and cross-channel customer experience, rooted in deep understanding of competitors, customers, and trends that deliver innovation and strengthen the brand
• Support strategic partnerships that increase brand awareness across Japan and create synergies across online marketing vehicles
• Maintain reporting for all marketing campaigns, analyzing and hindsighting performance and sharing learnings and recommendations with key business partners
• Effectively write and kick off creative briefs, balancing both the needs of key customer segments as well as overall brand/buying initiatives, and ensure flawless project execution
• Passion for retail, fashion, e-commerce, and the Banana Republic brand
• Proven track record of evolving, innovating, and executing successful marketing campaigns
• Extensive experience in building effective cross functional relationships and navigating the complexities of a large organization
• Excellent communication skills - timely follow-up and ability to articulate objectives, strategies, and tactics across various cross-functional teams
• Excellent project management experience with the ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize while also able to zoom out to high level strategic work and zoom in to detail work
• Self-starter and solution oriented mindset, with proven ability to successfully work through ambiguity
• Ability to analyze data, interpret for a broad audience, and develop fact-based recommendations to drive marketing decision-making
• Ability to thrive under pressure and in a fast paced environment
• Fluent in Japanese (both writing and speaking skills) a plus, but not required
• Experience with Omniture a plus
• Background in online retail/fashion industry preferred
• 4+ years relevant experience in retail/ecommerce
• BA/BS. MBA preferred but not required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top