Online Inventory Specialist - Temporary Role
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The Online Inventory Specialist assists merchandising/merchandising planning in daily activities needed to run an efficient and profitable business. Major responsibilities include order and price management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Business & Finance
- Create all Wholesale PO's and update in-season as needed.
- Record all changes communicated by brand production team and/or merchant.
- Complete outstanding purchase order work (i.e. color and size breakdowns, packing details) on a timely basis.
- Track incoming orders to ensure timely delivery and communicate any issues (e.g. late or priority orders) to appropriate contacts (brand production, inventory management, merchants, logistics, DC).
- Initiate process to prioritize orders, as needed.
- Provide cross-functional teams with timely and accurate receipt status, style and delivery changes.
- Maintain accurate regular and markdown online pricing for both shared and exclusive styles.
- Enter category promotions in pricing system.
- Run weekly business reporting.
- Run Size analysis and recommend size profiles.
- Complete Size & Packing per season and manage in-season updates as needed.
Leadership & Employees
- Provide manager with timely feedback on training needs.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with cross-functional teams and brand Order Management Specialists.
- Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships
- Technology proficiency, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- College education or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience in retail, merchandising office helpful
- Experience in eCommerce strongly preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top