Network Security Engineer
The Network Security Engineer is a member of the Security Engineering and Operations (SecOps) Network Security team within GapTech Information Security, and reports to the Director of Network Security. GapTech InfoSec is the global information security function for Gap Inc. inclusive of all Gap Inc.'s brands. In this role, the Network Security Engineer works as part of a team of network security engineers who define network security governance requirements, engineer, operate and maintain the network security tools, capabilities and solutions that ensure the protection of Gap Inc. information assets. Governance oversight includes maintaining compliance with legal and regulatory requirements as well as Gap Inc. Information Security policies, standards, and network security best practices.
- Ensuring applications and infrastructure services are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
- Delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style.
- Implement, and maintain network security policy, standards, and procedures.
- Define network security best practice policies for both corporate, stores and production environments.
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with adherence to architectural goals and principles
- B.S. in Computer Science, M.I.S., or technology field
- 8+ years of experience in Information Security
- Strong technical acumen and experience leading the enablement of security solutions in the areas of virtualization, local-area networks (LANs), wireless networks, Voice over IP and Cloud (preferably in Azure)
- Experience managing security for e-commerce and other web-based solutions involving cloud hosting and SaaS solutions
- Experience with web application firewall (WAF) technologies and concepts
- In-depth experience in software defined networking and network functionality virtualization technologies and implementation.
- In-depth experience working with Network Security technologies, including Firewalls ( PaloAlto, Juniper etc..),IDS/IPS, NAC(Wired/Wireless), Cisco ISE, JNPR Pulse policy secure, IPsec VPN, PKI, Threat Prevention, Proxy Services, IP routing and understanding of broader security related technologies
- Good understanding of privacy and compliance standards i.e. PCI
- Experience in scripting (i.e. Python, Java Scripting, Shell, P
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top