Network Engineer - SE III
Gap-Tech is the engine behind Gap Inc.’s mission to be the world’s favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation and e-commerce for all Gap Inc.’s brands while delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Rewiring retail has never been more fun! This is your opportunity to work with our team to help build the next generation of retail technology. Through our global network to cloud-based network services, this team will bring a wide variety of strategic technologies to bear on a rapidly changing Retail and Business environment.
- Provides technical thought leadership both within the network organization as well as outside of his/her domain
- Works closely with other network engineers, review, execute technical designs and provide technical direction.
- Evaluate, define and develop new and existing reference standards and their adoption, to successfully on-board services with speed, quality and efficiency.
- Provide key input around defining and delivering overall network strategy and transformation aligned with key business initiatives.
- Informed and involved in the Software-Defined-Network disruption with relevancy in Data Center to deliver a Global Infrastructure strategic roadmap.
- Provide 3rd level support to the Network Operations Group for monitoring and troubleshooting of these networks.
- BS in CS, EE, IT, or 10+ years related network technology experience preferably across a variety of industries, including retail.
- Advanced knowledge in Enterprise architecture, infrastructure deployments and solutions design
- Strong hands-on experience and knowledge on with L4 services specifically within a Global Data Center architecture, Load Balancers and operational experience across multiple Network and Security vendors
- Strong hands-on experience in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls(Juniper and Palo Alto), routers, switches, and load balancers
- Must have design, implementation and operational experience with; Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (Juniper MX and Cisco Nexus preferred).
- Extensive hand experience in BGP, OSPF, and MPLS (traffic engineering implementation) and other routing protocols. (VPLS)
- Deep knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within WAN, Branch, Data Center and Orchestration.
- Exceptional command of datacenter technologies, including Cisco UCS, VMware and storage solutions
- Working experience with High availability Data Center design experience and big data models.
- Experience and understanding in capacity sharing in a compute environment. Understanding of Database architectures and designs
<IMG SRC=""https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/ad/N4789.1896639THEDAILYMUSE/B9410415.127971265;sz=1x1;ord=123456789?"" BORDER=0 WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 ALT=""Advertisement""
Back to top