- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Lead architecture initiatives from inception to completion.
- Ensure Solution feasibility and standards alignment
- Architectural analysis on solution options, trade-off analysis, risks and mitigations
- Identify new technologies, products and define PoC criterion, drive PoC execution with the aim of inducting them into GAP IT standards
- Design, engineer applications/products that give best customer experience
- Collaborate with Lead Architect, subject matter experts - PDMs, Infosec & Product Engineering teams in defining roadmap for Mobile Applications.
- Integrate technology products and solutions with existing eCommerce, customer experience and enterprise technology
- Build and adopt reusable architecture assets, such as Android architecture components & Kotlin coroutines to improve enterprise efficiency
- Mentor engineering teams and collaborate as one team and act as an interface between stakeholders and Product Engineering team.
Who you are
Commendable experience in defining, proposing solution & designing
mobile apps integrated with one or more of Enterprise systems
eCommerce systems , payment gateway , DB, etc. as well as cloud based middleware , messaging solutions, push notifications, databases and microservices services.
Understand business needs and convert business requirements into a design
and arrive at an
that addresses the current requirements and potential future enhancements.
Strong understanding of Hybrid mobile skills such as Android Studio, Kotlin, NodeJS, co-routines, out-of-box libraries.
Awareness of cross-platform development frameworks
Create and update technical Application Architecture Documents and keep stakeholders in loop for updates and decisions.
Ability to evaluate current state of architecture
, platform and provide architectural recommendations to improve performance , scalability and reliability
Deep understanding of Android ecosystem , and should have a hands-on experience in Developing and Unit Testing using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK
Experience in Swift, iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, strong understanding of Apples design principles and interface guidelines
Experience in building performance critical mobile applications with offline storage, downloads, multiple-threading, etc
Research, identify third party tools & technologies and incorporate them into the solution.
Ability to mentor team leads for good design and ability to work independently and collaboratively
Oversee and ensure best practices adoption throughout mobile application life cycle stages including design thinking, requirement analysis, estimation, technical architecture, integration, security, performance, analytics, DevOps, review process, app release and technical documentation.
Play an advisory role to internal stake holders and provide thought leadership, process enhancement and other recommendations.
Should have the ability to debug and fix critical gating issues , production issues , and should be able to assist the team during critical situations
Experience with DevOps tool set - to promote DevOps culture and improve automation levels. Define & implement end-to-end test strategy.
Knowledge on publishing the Android apps to the Play Store,
enterprise stores, Azure App Center.
Experience in logging and monitoring tools like Nagios, NewRelic, Splunk or similar products.
Good communication , problem solving skills and learning attitude.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top