Mission Control Intern
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Gap Inc. Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and this isn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to take risks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transforming retail technology. Ready to get started?
What's In It for You?
As a Gap Inc. Intern, you will gain valuable work experience in a fast paced and innovative environment, here in beautiful San Francisco. By the end of the 10 weeks you will have completed business critical projects, which you will present to your senior leadership team. Don't expect to be running around getting coffee. Many intern's projects have been implemented by the business and are currently driving incredible results for the company. Here at Gap Inc., we like to reward success. You are invited to participate in events, such as Giants games, happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, bowling nights, volunteering events in the community, etc.
Here's what you will do all summer!
- Assist in overseeing Voice of the Customer (VoC) E-commerce feedback across Gap Inc. Brands: Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Gap Work cross-functionally with brand producers, product managers, etc. to resolve site complications that negatively impact revenue and customer experiences Immerse in the holistic customer journey to proactively propose and help implement customer experience enhancements Increase your knowledge of the various products utilized for ECOM and serve as a product expert to the business
Here's what you need to get the work done
- Incoming Junior or Senior Undergraduate with at least a 3.0 GPA A desire to evolve excellent problem solving skills; meticulous and methodical An ability to juggle multiple, competing, high priority projects Strong collaboration, organizational and communication skills to bring innovative solutions to life An ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs. Ability to communicate technical concepts to business users.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top