- Hindsight business weekly/monthly/quarterly from product prospective. Identify market category opportunities/risks by season.
- Develop China seasonal product strategies for 3 markets.
- Attend Line Confirmation and other key milestone meetings, provide feedback on global assortment and adjust based on China customer needs and pre-aligned strategies.
- Download assortment to China IM, marketing and store operation teams - concept, big ideas, flow, distro, PR, CR, pricing.
- Fully responsible for Seasonal Buy
- Deliver IR Plan in partnership with IM team and ensure product strategies are reflected in the investment.
- Identify business/assortment holes and brief to global or local design for exclusive product development.
- Work with commercial planning/IM teams to define pre-season product stories for windows/promo.
- Recap product performance whether it hits/misses plan, provide suggestion on promo/visual/marketing.
- Understand product trends, historical data and provide product input when in-season decisions are being made.
- China regional market research - trend, consumer, competitors, pricing.
- Conduct quarterly pricing research to ensure our price architecture is always at the right position in the market.
- Work with strategy team on specific market research for certain category, product and project.
- Communicate China customer needs and assortment feedback/opportunities to global merchants.
- Work closely with IM counterparts on a daily basis.
- Brief marketing team on seasonal global big ideas/concepts and China key investment to optimize the marketing plan.
- Assist visual team to create seasonal visual directive that aligns with China assortment strategies.
- Partner with field operation team to incorporate field feedback into assortment strategy
- Collaborate with production team to involve product development, particularly in product safety, liability settlement and delivery date change of merchandises.
- Manage assortment tool
- Develop and maintain Stock Model
- China Midsight
- Regional touchbase before global SVL
- China HS & SAM
- China Battle Plan & Weekly Operation Meeting
- Seasonal IR Meeting
- Line Confirmation/Investment Week
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong analytical skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Multi-tasking, ability in effective time and process management.
• Leadership skill in training, developing team and being role model & talent champion
• Strategic visioning / connecting complex business needs
• Detailed oriented with ability to zoom out to key strategic themes
• Relentlessly commercial
• Comfortable with ambiguity and filling "white space"
• A "self-starter and "self-teacher" / ability to anticipate problems and resolve quickly before escalating
• Customer oriented.
• Fluent in English and Chinese.
• Elevated skill of Excel and Power Point
2) Minimum Education Level
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
3) Experience Required
• 8-12 years of retail buying or merchandising experience
• Experience of managing a team
Back to top