Merchandiser, Women's Knits - BRFS
- Merchandise assortmentinto concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that arecommercially viable and provide an exciting customer store experience bypartnering with design, visual merchandising, and marketing.
- Create and present acompelling assortment that will meet financial targets and will supportDivisional and Brand objectives.
- Assist with web management to createa compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirationalmerchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clearand accurate product details.
- Manage all changes made toassortment through preseason planning and ensure online accuracy
- Develop SeasonalStrategies: Create department level pre-season assortment, pricing, andpromotional strategy that aligns with divisional merchandising strategy.
- Develop and maintaineffective working relationships with additional members of cross-functionalteams and be able to influence them to achieveresults in stores and online.
- Analyze historic data,trends, product assortment, and competition to develop the strategy.
- Analyze current businessto identify business opportunities and in-season risks.
- Present seasonal productbest sellers to help cross functional teams understand in-season selling tobetter plan for future seasons. Make recommendations and execute in-seasonstrategy changes as needed.
- Understand competitiveenvironment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitiveretail outlets.
- Actively listen to allmembers of the cross functional team to ensure that innovative ideas surface,are acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Assist MCs during peak to approvephotography and update sorts.
- Bachelors Degree ofequivalent.
- Minimum 2 years ofretail buying experience
- Strong analyticalskills.
- Possess a workingknowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point ofview about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Maintain a cooperativeteam environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment ofgoals.
- Demonstrate stronglistening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top