Merchandiser - Women's Denim, Outerwear
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Merchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store and online experience by partnering with design, visual, merchandising, online production, and marketing.
• Merchandise assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store experience by partnering with design, visual merchandising, and marketing.
• Create and present a compelling assortment that will meet financial targets and will support Divisional and Brand objectives.
• Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
• Manage all changes made to assortment through preseason planning and ensure online accuracy
• Develop Seasonal Strategies: Create department level pre-season assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy that aligns with divisional merchandising strategy.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with additional members of cross-functional teams and be able to influence them to achieve results in stores and online .
• Analyze historic data, trends, product assortment, and competition to develop the strategy.
• Analyze current business to identify business opportunities and in-season risks.
• Present seasonal product best sellers to help cross functional teams understand in-season selling to better plan for future seasons. Make recommendations and execute in-season strategy changes as needed.
• Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
• Actively listen to all members of the cross functional team to ensure that innovative ideas surface, are acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
• Assist MCs during peak to approve photography and update sorts.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2+ years of retail buying or merchandising experience
• Strong analytical skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top