Merchandiser, Pre-Season - Old Navy China
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it’s easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
- Ensure the financial success of division and market by meeting or exceeding sales, GM, GMROI, and turn goals.
- Develops, communicates and drives long range and seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations
- Develop and understand appropriate assortment architecture that supports the China market.
- Rank styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
- Present the product line to meet the financial strategies incorporating the China market growth strategies.
- Partner with Inventory Management pre-season Commercial Calendar (i.e. amount cc’s to promo , discount % etc)
- Partner with the Inventory Management team on investment strategies.
- Partner with the Visual and field team to develop divisional key concepts, key items, and promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable for the China market that provides an exciting customer store experience
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Understand the China competitive environment; proactively see the market through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Participate in the Global Commercial hindsight, to ensure that the China markets learnings are incorporated into the pre-season calendar.
- Own and develop the pre-season Commercial Calendar that supports the China market seasonality and traffic.
- Develop market ticket pricing in line with competition and the Old Navy value proposition model.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the members of the SF cross functional team, such as Design Production, Merchandising. Utilize these relationships to help influence future designs decisions which benefit the China Market.
- Present mid-sight learnings to Design and the US Merchandising teams to ensure China market needs are meet.
- Partner with the Inventory Management team on the development of annual and seasonal financial plans.
- Effectively manage and support the career development process of direct report to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development. (if direct reports)
- Develops and manages the Merchandising team to be China centric customer, product and competitor focused; innovative; fast and team-oriented in their work.
- Understand and approve market exclusives that achieve desired IMU target and market product needs.
- Align with design to ensure that market product needs are meet, ie legal issues for kids and baby
- Communicate the product strategies to the China field team both stores and visual.
- Track and understand CIQ risks per assortment and understand risk in retail and receipts
Understand the China competition with respect to the financial condition, trends, marketing and product strategy
Bachelors Degree of equivalent.
- 3-5 years of retail buying experience.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Back to top