Merchandiser, Mens Sweaters and Woven Shirts, Outlet, Gap Brand
The Merchandiser is responsible for driving and/or supporting the Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global/regional business. They will develop (in partnership with Sr. Merchandiser/MM), communicate and drive seasonal business product strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and the customer expectations. They will collaborate with their department cross functional teams and Sr. Merchandiser/MM in the development and execution of the seasonal merchandise strategy. Initiatives include assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, identifying business opportunities, Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond, and Market hind-sighting. This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
- Collaborates with the Department Cross Functional Team to be; innovative, fast moving and team oriented.
- Develop close partnerships with Inventory Management teams to build a Global Flow Strategy, while ensuring that specific needs of each region are met.
- Partners with Production to ensure that sourcing strategies are cost-effective
- Assortments aligned to overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings.
- Builds assortments that meet global and regional needs – right time, right place, and right price.
- Identifies product opportunities and expert in competitive landscape.
- Partners with Design and Production on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
- Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Own assignment of flow and global tiers, season code, size model and time on offer at the style level and capture in the Omni PETE (assortment tool).
- Communicates seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team to ensure innovation and financial success as a focus.
- Develops individuals; provides thoughtful and timely feedback.
- Communicate a point of view regarding business and recommendations on go forward plan.
- May support sample process which includes all aspects of Sample Management.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Global Merchandising – experience in supporting the development and execution of global merchandising strategies.
- Financial Acumen – knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker – thinks strategically, conceptually and creatively.
- Vertical Retail – has demonstrated ability to work in vertical retail environment.
- Team Leadership-has influenced cross -functional teams.
- Dealing with Ambiguity -experience working through significant change and transformation.
- Drive Results – can demonstrate driving results.
- Collaboration-proven ability to work in an environment where collaboration with cross functional partners is a key focus and speed is crucial.
- Learning Agility – demonstrates an ability to seek new information, ideas, experiences, and is self-awareness
- Bachelor's degree in merchandising or related disciple or equivalent trade experience.
- 3 years of Merchandising Experience
- International experience preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top