Merchandiser, Mens Sweaters and Woven Shirts, Outlet, Gap Brand
The Merchandiser is responsible for driving and/or supporting the Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global/regional business. They will develop (in partnership with Sr. Merchandiser/MM), communicate and drive seasonal business product strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and the customer expectations. They will collaborate with their department cross functional teams and Sr. Merchandiser/MM in the development and execution of the seasonal merchandise strategy. Initiatives include assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, identifying business opportunities, Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond, and Market hind-sighting. This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
- Collaborates with the Department Cross Functional Team to be; innovative, fast moving and team oriented.
- Develop close partnerships with Inventory Management teams to build a Global Flow Strategy, while ensuring that specific needs of each region are met.
- Partners with Production to ensure that sourcing strategies are cost-effective
- Assortments aligned to overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings.
- Builds assortments that meet global and regional needs – right time, right place, and right price.
- Identifies product opportunities and expert in competitive landscape.
- Partners with Design and Production on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
- Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Own assignment of flow and global tiers, season code, size model and time on offer at the style level and capture in the Omni PETE (assortment tool).
- Communicates seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team to ensure innovation and financial success as a focus.
- Develops individuals; provides thoughtful and timely feedback.
- Communicate a point of view regarding business and recommendations on go forward plan.
- May support sample process which includes all aspects of Sample Management.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Global Merchandising – experience in supporting the development and execution of global merchandising strategies.
- Financial Acumen – knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker – thinks strategically, conceptually and creatively.
- Vertical Retail – has demonstrated ability to work in vertical retail environment.
- Team Leadership-has influenced cross -functional teams.
- Dealing with Ambiguity -experience working through significant change and transformation.
- Drive Results – can demonstrate driving results.
- Collaboration-proven ability to work in an environment where collaboration with cross functional partners is a key focus and speed is crucial.
- Learning Agility – demonstrates an ability to seek new information, ideas, experiences, and is self-awareness
- Bachelor's degree in merchandising or related disciple or equivalent trade experience.
- 3 years of Merchandising Experience
- International experience preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top