Merchandiser, Men's - Banana Republic
- Merchandise assortmentinto concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that arecommercially viable and provide an exciting customer store and onlineexperience by partnering with design, visual merchandising, andmarketing.
- Create and present acompelling global and omni-channel assortment that will meet financial targetsand will support Divisional and Brand objectives.
- Develop SeasonalStrategies for online and brick and mortar businesses: Create department levelpre-season assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy that aligns withdivisional merchandising strategy.
- Develop and maintaineffective working relationships with additional members of cross-functionalteams.
- Analyze historic data,trends, product assortment, and competition across all channels to develop thestrategy.
- Analyze current businessto identify business opportunities and in-season risks, maximizing potentialand minimizing risks across channels.
- Present seasonal productbest sellers to help cross functional teams understand in-season selling tobetter plan for future seasons. Make recommendations and execute in-seasonstrategy changes on site and in stores.
- Understand competitiveenvironment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitiveretail outlets across all platforms.
- Actively listen to allmembers of the cross functional team to ensure that innovative ideas surface,are acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Bachelors Degree ofequivalent.
- Minimum 2 years ofretail buying experience
- Strong analyticalskills.
- Possess a workingknowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point ofview about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Maintain a cooperativeteam environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment ofgoals.
- Demonstrate stronglistening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top