Merchandiser in Fabric - PLM system (6 months' contract)
- New Delhi, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Merchandiser will report to the DMM / MM and will be a key player in execution of material management and fabric sourcing strategy. The role w
ould also be responsible for generating market intelligence data and presentations on the market trends and pricing.
The role will provide expertise and support to the category team relating to the existing and future mill base. The role requires a strong fabric sourcing background, proficient in PLM application, and the proven ability to build and sustain relationships with the mills in region.
Who you are
- Manage sample yardage request
- Follow up on Fabric innovation initiatives
- Manage Initial costing and ensuring fabric pricing is updated by vendors in PLM
- Raw material testing
- Fabric Sourcing Knowledge
- Experience in fabric development and fabric process
- Computer knowledge
: well versed with system - like excel, PLM or centric etc
- Business Acumen
- Experience in execution of fabric sourcing strategy
- Proven ability to communicate and works well with others
- Flexible mindset to present and provide options
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top