Merchandiser - Gap Online Gap Fit & Swim
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Gap Online Merchandiser is responsible for driving and supporting the digital merchandise strategy for his/her product area to meet the commercial needs of the global business. He/she will develop (in partnership with omni leader), communicate and drive seasonal business product strategies that create a seamless omni experience for the customer. They will collaborate with their department cross functional teams and leader in the development and execution of the seasonal digital merchandise strategy. Initiatives include assortment strategies, creating compelling online stories, weekly business review and product re-caps, identifying business opportunities, Average Unit Cost Guidelines (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond, and business hind-sighting. This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Merchandising team with a dual report into the Online Buying team based out of HQ/SF. This role will partner with Design, Production, Gap Online Buying and Marketing teams.
- Builds product assortments that meet Gap Online global needs - right time, right place, and right price.
- Identifies Gap Online product opportunities and is an expert in competitive/e-commerce landscape.
- Partners with Design and Production on Gap Online product strategies to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
- Partners with Gap Online Buying on seasonal investment strategy to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Owns Global Assortment input and updates for all online exclusive products.
- Communicates Gap Online seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team to ensure innovation and financial success as a focus. Raise nuances/adjustments to product strategy for Gap Online business to omni leader.
- Analyze and Recap Gap Online category business to Merchandising leader.
- Mentors team members and educates Global Merchandising team on e-commerce business and competitive landscape.
- Communicate a point of view regarding Gap Online business and recommendations on go forward plan.
- E-commerce/Digital Global Merchandising - experience in supporting the development and execution of global e-commerce or omni merchandising strategies.
- Financial Acumen - knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker - thinks strategically, conceptually and creatively.
- Vertical Retail - has demonstrated ability to work in vertical retail environment.
- Team Leadership-has influenced cross-functional teams.
- Dealing with Ambiguity -experience working through significant change and transformation.
- Drive Results - can demonstrate driving results.
- Collaboration-proven ability to work in an environment where collaboration with cross functional partners is a key focus and speed is crucial.
- Learning Agility - demonstrates an ability to seek new information, ideas, experiences, and is self-aware
- Bachelor's degree in merchandising or related disciple or equivalent trade experience.
- 3-5 years of Merchandising Experience
- International experience preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top