Merchandiser – Gap Franchise
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Merchandiser will partner with business partners to ensure market specific product strategies are effectively reflected in the market assortment. Working closely with the manager, is responsible for providing franchise market expertise and representing the division's seasonal assortment to meet the franchise customer needs and financial goals for each market.
- Works closely with manager in partnering with the Global Merchandising team to influence global product development for that Division- identifies market needs, opportunities and challenges to address future and/or in season needs, to meet customer needs and maximize sales.
- Understand product trends, historical data and department input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks
- Analyze weekly selling reports and utilize knowledge to make informed product recommendations
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences
- Identify individual market needs, opportunities and challenges to address future and/or in-season management needs
- Validates seasonal global line plans to ensure franchise needs are developed ahead of Product Alignment meetings
- End of season hindsight: recap franchise product and key partner performance
- Partner with cross functional teams (Planning, Marketing, Visual) to develop and execute all necessary tools for market
- Present and sell assortments to franchise partners while influencing franchisees to buy most appropriate seasonal assortment in order to achieve targeted financial goals
- Complete market recaps and propose opportunities/risks for future seasons
- Pricing analysis - assess average retails and provide comprehensive competitive information and insure balance across
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross functional teams (Global Design, Merchandising, Production, and Planning)
- Influence others to achieve results
- 3-5 years of merchandising experience
- Advance computer skills in excel with aptitude for learning new programs
- Possesses a working knowledge of financial measurements
- High level of attention to detail while still managing to focus on the impact to topline business.
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Possesses knowledge of international production processes
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written, presentation and analytical skills
- Adapt to diverse audiences and environments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top