Merchandiser, Catalog - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
Working within the Athleta Omni Channel Merchandising Team to lead the catalog merchandising that supports overall brand strategies, seasonal big ideas and product messages while balancing catalog productivity and inspiring our customer to shop all our channels. Working within the Company Pipeline Calendar, lead catalog specific analysis, planning, product information, merchandising and communication of assortments for the seasonal catalogs. Create strong cross functional partnerships with Catalog Creative, Omni Marketing Team Product Merchandising, Circulation and Inventory Planning. This position will be reviewed and evaluated on ability to meet company sales contribution (top line) and gross margin requirements (bottom line). Targeted metrics will include: Seasonal catalog roadmaps including page counts, activity plan recommendations, life of item, pagination flow, productivity/ PMC, and monthly hind-sighting.
Primary responsibilities include:
- With Sr. Director, lead the team in analyzing, planning and merchandising seasonal catalogs to reach corporate financial objectives integrating strategic vision, customer feedback, competitive landscape, design innovation and trend.
- Manage catalog merchandising process by developing a business strategy that leverages the catalog to its fullest potential
- Over see the development of catalog plans, spreads, page counts and pagination
- Plan product marketing placement in collaboration with channel partners
- Incorporate iconic omni outfitting and big ideas product messaging into catalog marketing
- Bring brand to life - participate and approve outfitting in styling meetings keeping a critical eye on fashion and sport
- Collaborate closely with Web Merchants to build consistent brand messages while identifying opportunities for channel advantages
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer; initiate shared learnings w/team and cross-functional partners regarding channel-specific customer insight
- Maintain expert awareness of competitive landscape, all channels, specifically catalog
- Work with Marketing/Creative team to inspire seasonal vision
- Present seasonal product assortment and catalog merchandising strategies to all teams
- Oversee the integrity of product information in the catalog related to fit, fabric, performance and the "why you have to have it"
- Proofing of catalog for placement, exposure, presentation, and product mechanical details
- Act as the catalyst that creates an environment of innovation and extraordinary product presentation
- Build positive and professional business relationships with cross-functional teams vendors through on-going contact and follow up
- Partner with Product Merchandising to communicate assortment needs that meet the needs of the catalog channel customer specifically.
- Work with IP at late change meetings to react to in-season trends and maximize our omni inventory ownership.
- Work with Marketing/Creative to identify product marketing opportunities. Work in season to identify opportunities and react to in-season trends
- Collaborate with Catalog Marketing team in pre-season planning, product copy, seasonal style out and creative proofing rounds.
- Partner with circulation on seasonal plans, page counts and performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate reporting tools to assess and plan the business
ONE HARRISON STREET
- College Degree- BS/BA, preferably in Apparel/Fashion Merchandising
- 3-5 years industry experience in Women's apparel, preferably in athletic and/or casual sportswear, including merchandising, product development and private label background
- Catalog, Retail or Web experience a huge plus!
- Strong eye for relevant and brand appropriate product
- Knowledge of the Sports/Fitness/Outdoor industry
- Athletic experience a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications- Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, InDesign, Filemaker
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills, and ability to work in a team environment
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top