In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a division.
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability.
- Manage the financial success of a division by meeting sales, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class.
- Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department and class.
- Create pre-season style plans that support divisional strategies.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for all basic styles and develop strategies to meet department financial goals.
- Own open to buy forecasts.
- Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy/monthly forecast meeting
- Participate in company and Brand initiatives as appropriate.
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
- Present financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings
- Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
- Provide manager with timely feedback on personal development and training needs.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional team (merchandising, web production, company planning, OMS, marketing).
- Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
- Develop cross-divisional relationships to share best practices.
- Provide site recommendations regarding product placement and maximization of trend performance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadline.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- 1-2 years experience as a Planning Analyst or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top