Merchandise Manager, Men's Knits and Fleece, OMNI, Gap Brand
The Merchandise Manager is responsible for driving the Omni Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global/regional business. They will develop, communicate and drive Omni seasonal business product strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and the customer expectations, while leading and inspiring teams. They will lead the divisional cross functional teams in the development of a compelling product line. Initiatives include developing and driving assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, identifying business opportunities, fabric liability process, Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond and Market hind-sighting, This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
Key Member of Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and has interaction with senior leadership.
- Leads the Divisional Cross Functional Team to be; innovative, fast moving and team oriented
- Influences Global Design to ensure that design supports customer and business needs while remaining innovative.
- Collaborates with Inventory Management teams to build a Global Flow Strategy, while ensuring that specific needs of each region are met.
- Collaborates with Production to ensure that sourcing strategies are cost-effective.
Develops and seamlessly integrates merchandise strategy, recommending commercially viable promotional strategies, resulting in increased earnings.
- Builds assortments that meet global and regional needs and deliver a single, efficient, detailed global assortment plan to Design
- Creates strong assortment architecture anchored to SVL
- Identifies product opportunities/ white space.
- Leads, directs, develops Merchandising team from concept, milestone, and final assortment stages of product development.
- Partners with Product Management to ensure design supports customer and business needs while remaining innovative
- Partners with Design on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met.
- Partners with Marketing and Visual Merchandising to ensure consistent consumer experience through execution of cohesive product vision.
- Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Consolidates hind-sighting/testing to ensure continuous improvement.
- May participate in development trips with PLT and GIS to ensure vision and intent are executed successfully in the product development process.
- Maximize immediate opportunities through LPR
- Drive Solutions and prioritize while being in service to the business and team.
- Develops individuals; provides thoughtful and timely feedback.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Global Merchandising – experience in driving global merchandising strategies.
- Financial Acumen – knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker – thinks strategically, conceptually and creatively; has performed in global business analysis to drive and deliver results.
- Vertical Retail – has demonstrated ability leading in vertical retail environment.
- Organization Agility-has navigated large, global, complex organizations; proven track record of driving results.
- Team Leadership-has successfully lead large cross-functional teams.
- Personal Leadership-demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration with a senior leadership team.
- Change Leadership-experience leading through significant change and transformation to move an organization forward.
- Collaboration-proven ability influencing at all levels and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed is crucial.
- Talent Builder-proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best-in-industry leaders and teams.
- 8+ years of Merchandising experience
- 2+ years of leading others
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top