Merchandise Manager, Men's Denim, Gap Brand
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Men's Denim Merchandise Manager is responsible for driving the Men's Omni Denim Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global/regional business. They will develop, communicate and drive the Men's Omni Denim seasonal business product strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and the customer expectations, while leading and inspiring teams. They will lead the Men's Omni Denim divisional cross functional teams in the development of a compelling product line. Initiatives include developing and driving assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, identifying business opportunities, fabric liability process, Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond and Market hind-sighting, This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and seamlessly integrates merchandise strategy, recommending commercially viable promotional strategies, resulting in increased earnings.
- Builds assortments that meet global and regional needs and deliver a single, efficient, detailed global assortment plan to Design
- Creates strong assortment architecture anchored to SVL
- Identifies product opportunities.
- Leads, directs, develops Merchandising team from concept, milestone, and final assortment stages of product development.
- Partners with Product Management to ensure design supports customer and business needs while remaining innovative
- Partners with Design on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met.
- Partners with Marketing and Visual Merchandising to ensure consistent consumer experience through execution of cohesive product vision.
- Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Consolidates hind-sighting/testing to ensure continuous improvement.
- May participate in development trips with PLT and GIS to ensure vision and intent are executed successfully in the product development process.
- Develops individuals; provides thoughtful and timely feedback.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Global Merchandising – experience in driving global merchandising strategies.
- Financial Acumen – knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker – thinks strategically, conceptually and creatively; has performed in global business analysis to drive and deliver results.
- Vertical Retail – has demonstrated ability leading in vertical retail environment.
- Organization Agility-has navigated large, global, complex organizations; can demonstrate driving results.
- Team Leadership-has successfully lead large cross-functional teams.
- Personal Leadership-demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration with a senior leadership team.
- Change Leadership-experience leading through significant change and transformation to move an organization forward.
- Collaboration-proven ability influencing at all levels and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed is crucial.
- Talent Builder-proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best-in-industry leaders and teams.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top