Merchandise Coordinator- Online Inventory Speciliast-Gap Japan Online
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
• Responsible for product set-up and maintenance of content on the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results.
• Trouble shoots problems associated with getting product to site on time and drives resolution across functions
• Manage all site merchandising for all Adult divisions in order to drive customer engagement on site
• Manage all divisions product to get them onto the site in a well- organized and timely manner
• This is an entry level position that is very task driven and requires excellent organizational skills as well as attention to detail
• Previous retail experience preferred but not required
PRODUCT LAUNCH PREP - Mens, Women's & Body Divisions
• Manage getting all product to site for all divisions; this includes attributing styles into appropriate categories on the site, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags.
• Responsible for promo set up and ensuring that appropriate products are included/excluded from site.
• Responsible for timely workflow of web management deliverables and timelines; ensure all products have product photography with appropriate product copy
• Support creation of marketing content: Create outfit records, submit photography requests for outfits & assets, update outfit requests with actual image files, update outfits pre-launch to reflect desired site behavior.
• Ensure that all product has image & copy ready for target flow date, which includes submitting photo requests, reviewing & approving images, submitting copy requests, reviewing & approving product copy
• Trouble shoot any issues with product launch (problems with samples, photography, copy & translation) in order to get product to site on time
PRE SEASON PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION - Mens, Women's & Body Divisions
• Manage all sizing and packing of exclusive product in order to maintain target flow dates, for all divisions
• Trouble shoot any issues with purchase orders to maintain on time delivery of product
IN-SEASON MANAGEMENT - Mens, Women's & Body Divisions
• Create and manage a compelling and inspirational site/sort experience, as well as simple and intuitive category navigation based on buyer direction
• Maintain Category Navigation to align with product assortment and seasonality
• Execute boutique and promotional strategies to ensure a compelling customer experience; responsible for the maintenance of the web/category hierarchy in Pacman including category and sub-category set up, display name input, effective dates, and order placement within the navigation.
• Attend weekly site meetings such as launch planning, promo, site review with buyer, and creative review in order to execute product & marketing strategies, make adjustments to in season changes and provide feedback for any technical issues
• Track no sales and be able to problem solve product issues.
• Take the initiative to find solutions to get product on site, on time
• Deliver high quality work with attention to detail that ensures great customer site experience
• Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
• Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
• Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast paced environment.
• Eye for product/color organization that reflects the GAP aesthetic
• Strong communication skills.
• Be able to work effectively with other cross functional team members
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with global and cross functional business partners,
• Provide manager with timely feedback on personal developmental and training goals
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top