Merchandise Coordinator, Japan – Banana Republic Online
Who We Are: Banana Republic is aglobal apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focusedon delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with stylethat endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunityand seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believein seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and makingit your own. We live with style.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Responsiblefor set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customerexpectations and drive results. Produces work that is efficient, accurate anddetail oriented. Performs daily activities that support the merchandisingdepartment strategy and vision. Troubleshoots problems and influence resolution across functions.
- SupportMerchant team's in-season business reaction with changes to categories, styleor style/color display, sort orders.
- Assist withweb management to create a compelling product experience on the site, toinclude inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive categorynavigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Prepare andmaintain a seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly groupedand managed, as well as communicated to business partners. This includes styles & style/colors,standard outfits, marketing outfits, merged styles.
- Optimize themapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manualproduct associations.
- Enter andmaintain accurate regular, promotional and markdown online pricing
- Ensure thatall products have appropriate imagery, translation & copy ready to postwhen the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing& approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products,reviewing & approving the product copy. Work with copy to ensure that all products have correct copy.
- Attributestyles: Associate styles into the webhierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, merge styles,add cross-sells.
- Supportcreation of marketing content: Createoutfit records, submit photography requests for outfits & assets, updateoutfit requests with actual image files, update outfits pre-launch to reflectdesired site behavior.
- Monitorstyles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Reviewwebsite daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
- Communicateissues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
- Communicateweb calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
- Work withproduct management, production and IT to learn, test & improvefunctionality of systems, as well as communicate system bugs and issues
- Work withphoto studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available andaccurate, ensuring products are readyto sell upon receipt.
- Communicateresolution and status of fixes to merchandising team.
- Support anopen and inclusive environment that recognizes employees based on the strengthof their efforts.
- Demonstratestrong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross-functional teams whileremaining focused.
- Able tolearn and understand Japanese consumers as well as BR aesthetics in order tocreate market appropriate product offerings and sorts at market appropriatetiming.
- PossibleJapanese translation projects relating to website management
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word,Outlook helpful.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly.
- Ability or previous experience with backend website systems (i.e.Microsoft Commerce).
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective timemanagement skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in afast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years experience in retail/merchandising and/or on-line preferred.
- Japanese speaking and writing (preferred but not required)
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top