Merchandise Coordinator, Banana Republic Online
Who We Are: BananaRepublic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retailorganization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designedfor today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day asfull of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At BananaRepublic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in,adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
Role responsibilities include:
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance ofthe web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and driveresults. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented.
- Performs daily activities that supportthe merchandising department strategy and vision.
- Trouble shoots problems and responsiblefor timely resolution of issues and status communication.
- Internal contact for product knowledge inquiries.
- Support in-season business actions withchanges that include categories/sub-category, style or style color display,sort orders.
- Create a compelling product experience onthe site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple andintuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Responsible for daily site review forcategories of ownership to deliver elevated, compelling experience to ensuresite is accurate reflection of Brand Strategy. Check product pages/image to ensure minimum requirements are capturedand accurate
- Create and maintain a record of marketedstyles to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well ascommunicated to business partners. This includes styles & style colors,outfits, and merged styles.
- Ensure that all products have appropriateimagery & copy for site publish.
- Work with photo studio to ensure that allimages are available and accurate.
- Work with copy to ensure that allproducts have complete and correct copy
- Site Mapping: attribute styles into the web hierarchy, sortstyles within departments, add marketing flags, and merge styles.
- Works with site merchants, site production, and yieldmanagement to add promo flags and set up sorts for online promotional events
- Run weekly report to track status of online styles for NoSales
- Work with production and IT to communicatesystem bugs and issues.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skillsthrough partnering with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships withcross-functional partners
- Customer and Brand focused. Be the voice of the customerand use this filter when merchandising the site.
- Ability to present products in a way that's inspiring andeasy to navigate for the customer
- Proactive, strong attention to detail& accuracy, effective time management & organizational skills, strongwritten and verbal communication skills, self-starter.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking fastpaced environment.
- Analytical skills a plus
- Strong computer skills and in depth knowledge withMicrosoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn systems and tools quickly.
- 1-2 years' experience in retail/merchandising/e-commerce
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top