Merchandise Coordinator, Banana Republic Factory Store Online
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented. Performs daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision. Trouble shoots problems and influence resolution across functions.
- Support Merchant team's in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style or style/color display, sort orders.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Prepare and maintain a seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well as communicated to business partners. This includes styles & style/colors, standard outfits, marketing outfits, merged styles.
- Optimize the mapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual product associations.
- Enter and maintain accurate regular, promotional and markdown online pricing
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing & approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing & approving the product copy. Work with copy to ensure that all products have correct copy.
- Attribute styles: Associate styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, merge styles, add cross-sells.
- Monitor styles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
- Communicate issues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
- Communicate web calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
- Work with product management, production and IT to learn, test & improve functionality of systems, as well as communicate system bugs and issues
- Work with photo studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available and accurate, ensuring products are ready to sell upon receipt.
- Communicate resolution and status of fixes to merchandising team.
- Support an open and inclusive environment that recognizes employees based on the strength of their efforts.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly.
- Ability or previous experience with backend website systems (i.e. Microsoft Commerce).
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years experience in retail/merchandising and/or on-line preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top