About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
A dynamic, high-performing, growing team responsible for front-end customer experience and product & tools management for Old Navy's e-commerce channel. We pride ourselves on flawless execution in an environment of omni-channel, growth-oriented change. We collaborate with the Digital Merchandising, Marketing, Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Sample and Photo Studio teams to produce a best-in-class online shopping experience visited by almost a million people each day.
A dedicated, motivated individual to support us as a Merchant Coordinator, focusing on site execution, alignment of marketing initiatives, while maintaining consistency across the customer "buy path" experience. In addition, we manage the product pipeline (getting product to site, photography etc), quality assurance on promotions and product attributes from back end tool-related tasks to customer facing marketing flags. We are the visual merchandisers of the online store, ensuring that we align our sort experience to the design intent, as well as, work with Digital Merchandising to "tell" additional stories. We assist and manage internal search and support all SEO initiatives.
In this role, you'll be a key member of the Merchant Coordinator team, supporting the Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Photography and Sample needs of the website. You'll become an expert in utilizing and navigating our product-to-site pipeline, our product management tools, as well as managing a substantial volume of executional tasks within a fast-paced environment. This role operates within a high-visibility space, with flawless execution always top of mind.
Key responsibilities include:
What you'll do
- Assisting with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site with intuitive category navigation. Help facilitate a clear and accurate product details page.
- Support Digital Merchandising team's in-season business responsiveness with changes to categories, styles or style/color display and sort orders while providing insight on different strategy ideas to promote traffic and conversion.
- Lead weekly site review meetings to discuss upcoming marketing, site expectations from homepage to emails, as well as, discuss current site/category needs
- Responsible for various website testing and QA including: promotional code set-up, web checkout, linking QA, and ensuring the correct promo messaging is reflected in content, always keeping the customer POV top of mind.
- Liaising with Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production partners and fellow Merchant Coordinators to update and troubleshoot products tied to promotional events
- Ensuring accuracy and high-quality work across the site, with an understanding of its impact on the customer experience.
- Act as an active participant in the alignment of the site navigation, product photography, marketing and copy strategies.
- Manages quarterly photography shot requests and ensures that while in-season, Photo teams are tracking to photography standards set in place
- Troubleshooting problems and influencing resolution across functions. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Escalating issues and recommendations with an appropriate level of urgency.
- Opening daily tickets to inform Technology teams of emerging business needs.
- Communicating best practices, following up on status-updates and bugs and giving tool design feedback.
A smart cookie. A clear communicator with a laser focus on the details. You don't wait to be told what to do next, because you've already identified it. You feel comfortable learning new web tools and interfaces. You believe in process and have developed a few yourself. You have a strong aesthetic eye, love fashion and are an avid online shopper. You understand the customer "journey" and want to improve on it. You like to ask "What if" and "How do I"!
At minimum, you have:
- 1+ year of ecommerce, retail or merchandising experience.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience.
- An eagerness to learn how the "machine" is run!
- Experience with or prior exposure to content/product management systems
- Strong computer skills, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- A bachelors' degree
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top