Merchandise Assistant – Strategic Alliances
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.
About the role
With the primary focus of merch operations, this role is responsible for management of the daily business and merchandising systems driving the optimization of profit for these Divisions. Partners closely with merchandisers and manager to work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives.
What you'll do
- Manage multiple season changes in PETE/Portal/ACL through daily checking for accuracy. Support merchandisers with their divisions ensuring seasonal line information is updated to reflect Global changes.
- Own seasonal Change Memo entry and maintenance for accuracy. Communicate weekly to cross functional partners (OM, Production, Planning) and follow up on any issues resulting from the changes.
- Own seasonal assortment process in Portal from initial flow set up to customer order forms to pricing overrides to sizing checks.
- Manage Regional Inventory PO logs, partnering with Order Management, Production and IT on all Merchant owned issues to ensure PO creation.
- Maintain and manage training material to onboard seasonal freelancers each season. Support Merchants on ad hoc research and seasonal projects as needed.
- Own set up of Partner Pricing Study templates, customizing to relevant country in review and complete summary for leadership review.
- Primary contact for trouble shooting various system issues, partnering with IT and Order Management teams, with emphasis on reaching swift and accurate resolution for each case. Create and/or maintain reports and tools as needed by merchant team. Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency. Work closely with Adult MA to ensure synchronicity in practices between Kids/Baby and Adult divisions.
- 4 year degree preferred.1-2 years Retail/Wholesale experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign & international production processes.
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
- High level of attention to detail while still managing to focus on the impact to topline business.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities and incorporate new ways of working for the benefit of the team.
- Flexibility in work schedule: Ability to work overtime on nights/weekends based on project/Market Week deadlines.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top