Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
As a Merchandise Assistant you will:
- Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives.
- Manage Samples.
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing.
- Work seasonally with other MA's to donate samples selected by Merchandising.
- Enter and approve markdowns, markups, and promotions.
- Ensure accuracy of markdowns, promotional pricing and effective dates.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency.
- Complete seasonal projects for merchants.
- Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchant team.
.550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel and email with an aptitude for learning new programs.
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
- 2 year degree, 4 year degree preferred.
- Retail experience preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top