Marketing - Production Coordinator, Packaging
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Production Coordinator -- Packaging:The Packaging Sourcing Coordinator will support the Packaging Sourcing Manager throughout the development and execution of on-garment labels and packaging.They will be exposed to a number of internal and external international business partners in the course of executing their daily responsibilities.The role entails a significant amount of information management and interaction with multiple partners across the globe: Suppliers, Global Production, global buying offices and Merchandising.To be successful, key strengths should include exceptional organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, clear concise communication, and the ability to partner successfully with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Update PLM/create item codes/revise codes
o Create RD# in PLM and RD# chart for new jobs and send to Digital Production
o Proof mechanicals for item specifications, codes and layout
o Update PLM with Approved Supplier info and final art
- Release Artworks to Suppliers
o Create art release template for each job
o Email Production for artwork released
• Track all active projects and participate in weekly packaging team status meetings
o Keep track of Release/In-Factory Dates to insure on time set ups
• Route supplier samples and proofs for approval
o Coordinate samples between suppliers and creative teams
o Follow up on sample status and prices with suppliers and keep cross functional teams updated
• Oversee ongoing label and packaging programs in partnership with Sourcing Manager
o Keep supplier's binders up-to-date with samples
• Prepare and submit cards for share-outs with cross-functional teams and leadership
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong background using Microsoft Excel to manage/organize data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated with inherent sense of initiative
• Solution-oriented creative problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service orientation balanced by ability to negotiate conflicting priorities
• Thrives within a team working environment
2) Minimum educational level/Experience:
• BA/BS degree
• Experience working in an International company (preferred)
• Background in retail, garment production, trim, print, or textiles is a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top