Market Planning - Analyst - Funzone & Accessories - Outlet
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
General Summary: The Market Planning Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the Global Old Navy vision is brought to life through robust product and inventory strategies that are appropriate for the Outlet channel. The Market Planning Analyst helps drive the successful development, execution and communications of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the sales results for respective outlet division (comparison to last year, US specialty stores). Identify and highlight unique market nuances and/or needs to impact current or future seasonal strategies. Partner with functional leads to develop and support necessary assortment customization and in store experience.
- Accountable for the development, execution and communication of category product strategies that align with financial goals for the season. Develop a strategic product vision that delivers against the assortment needs for the outlet channel. Facilitate and manage seasonal exclusive business needs (outlet unique product + placement, product edits/leveling, commercial plan/category distortion) focused on creating a compelling product experience designed for the outlet customer. Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture within area of responsibility. Manage category level pricing, discount recommendations and strategies to align with divisional financial plans.
- Present divisional business recaps in weekly business meeting, performance and forward looking action. Partner with manager to forecast in-season sales, margin expectations and inventory ownership. Develop strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk. Drive in-season pricing strategies (promo & markdown) to meet financial objectives.
- Visit markets to understand competitive landscape; document pricing and product opportunities. Analyze and prepare competitive market trend information and customer feedback.
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses. Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly Possess strong organizational and time management skills Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills Ability to travel domestically
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top