Manager, Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Global Supply Chain, Gap Inc.
Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations Team is focused on developing a best-in-class product to market process. Our team drives strategy and capability development (people/process/tools) in support of global growth, customer responsiveness and speed.
This role is focused on the development of one of the most critical responsive supply chain capabilities for Gap, Inc. – Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).
The VMI capability will enable Gap, Inc. to better meet customer demand through increased flexibility and speed. This Manager will support the operational execution of VMI, drive continuous process improvement, and support the development of technical tools and analytics to better inform future strategies. The role requires close collaboration with Global Planning, Global Sourcing, Vendor Partners and GapTech.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage operational execution of VMI strategies at Banana Republic Specialty and Banana Republic Factory Stores; includes management of deliverables, issue resolution/troubleshooting
- Influence brand leadership to promote capability adoption and use of best practices among their teams
- Lead cross-functional meetings to address capability health and issue resolution
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and collaborate cross-functionally to develop and implement solutions
- Drive future VMI process design efforts including future state tools and requirements
- Provide input and test technical capabilities developed by GapTech & Product Management teams
- Own the relationship with GapTech and external software providers on tools and reporting to support the VMI Capability
- Develop strong understanding of Gap Inc.'s end-to-end supply chain and VMI process; serve as the primary day-to-day support and subject matter expert with the brand teams
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of tools and systems that impact supply chain and brand product pipeline
- Partner with the brand to identify training needs relating to VMI capability; support delivery through VMI expertise and VMI best practices
- Manage work plan to track completion of expected deliverables; escalate any risks to delivery and partner cross-functionally to resolve
- Implement and support process changes in partnership with brand teams
- Effectively collaborate with brand partners to execute and drive change
- Strong problem solving analysis and decision making skills; drive for results
- Flexible and able to effectively achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written skills (ability to communicate and document complex processes in a clear and concise manner), including the ability to effectively engage and influence senior leaders
- Self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to interface with internal and external cross-functional business partners
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Time management and detail oriented
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong Time Management and Organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite. Intermediate / Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Operations or related analytic field
- MBA or master's degree (a plus)
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy, management consulting, operations, retail/consumer products or similar analytics role
- Strong economics/financial acumen and/or operations principles (a plus)
- Experience in retail (a plus)
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top