Manager, Strategy - Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories lifestyle brand that delivers modern, soulful style for both men and women around the world. Acquired by Gap Inc. in 1983 as a travel and adventure outfitter, Banana Republic has evolved to keep that unique spirit alive while outfitting men and women on the modern journey of life.
What We Do: The Strategy function at Banana Republic is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analysis, focus on the competition and customer, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the best choices for our company. The strategy function encompasses a diverse and exciting set of career opportunities across divisions for the best and brightest talent. What connects us all is our focus on the future and compelling value creation.
- Manage strategy and development initiatives, driving the quantitative and qualitative analyses to surface attractive white space opportunities.
- Lead teams (comprising both internal and external business partners) as appropriate in this work, partnering effectively to ensure the success of each initiative
- Serve as a thought leader in developing strategies.
- Manage multiple projects ranging from small to complex
- Proactively identify and communicate business issues
- Prepare presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Serve as a liaison with business partners outside of corporate strategy at all levels
- Manage and develop consultants and analysts
- Demonstrated ability to think globally / strategically, turn information into effective strategies and drive results
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to link strategy to financial plans
- Ability to be objective in analysis
- Ability to influence across the organization at senior levels and to become a proactive, trusted advisor and thought leader on strategic issues to drive results
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Strong ability to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills: work well as part of a cross-functional team and able to interact at all levels
- Conflict management: approach conflicts as opportunities; understand others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
- Proven experience in managing teams including providing direction, understanding resource capabilities and successfully driving results, working with internal or external resources
- Ability to manage outside vendors
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to effectively translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Ability to generate innovative qualitative insights and link with quantitative data to drive actionable results
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- 4-6 years of work experience, preferably within investment banking, strategy consulting, retail, and/or consumer products.
- Track record influencing change within large, complex multi-national companies
- MBA preferred
- Strong interest in/knowledge of retail industry
- Ideal candidate comes from a top-tier investment bank, with extensive retail and/or consumer products industry experience with Fortune 500 companies, and a top-tier strategy consulting firm prior to business school
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top