Manager - Sourcing, Sustainability Strategy
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This role will liaise with our portfolio of brands on sustainable product development as a key part of our sourcing operations and will support our sustainability priorities, including water and cotton. The right candidate will have experience in product development, including knowledge of design, fabric research & development, and production functions. The candidate will support our product category teams to drive development and adoption of sustainable product in our brands' assortments to meet our publicly stated sustainability goals. The candidate will also help drive additional product-based sustainability developments in partnership with Brand teams, Global Sustainability, and Sourcing teams. The role is based in Hong Kong.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the fabric team and category-based sourcing teams to create a pipeline of sustainable product developments that meet brand long range plans within brand sourcing strategies
- Work closely with the Global Sustainability team to evaluate brand right sustainable product innovations and represent sourcing considerations in the evaluation; liaise with internal SMEs for input
between brand teams and category teams on sustainability priorities; support adoption of sustainability developments that meet brand criteria throughout the product to market process and seasonal sourcing strategies
- Manage product-based sustainability reporting, including sustainable fiber, supplier operations, and finishing adoption across brands and categories
- Present progress and strategy to the Sourcing, Brand, and Sustainability teams in partnership with the Director of Sustainability Sourcing Strategy
- Manage relationships with external sustainability innovation partners and create strategy for new product sustainability innovation in partnership with the Director of Sustainability Sourcing Strategy
- Bachelor's Degree with Master's Degree preferred; or the equivalent experience in the apparel industry
- 8+ years professional experience in Apparel Product Development or Sourcing
- Experience working with product sustainability startup or suppliers preferrable; interest in research, and industry trends
- Proactive and entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results; ability to work across a matrix organization and establish strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to interface regularly with leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to interface with San Francisco and New York based teams
- Strong detail orientation, project management, and data analysis ability; ability to learn quickly and work in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Ability to work independently to drive initiatives
Back to top