Manager, Sourcing Strategy
The role is responsible to lead the RSC initiatives and capacity planning for the respective category. The role will provide development and execution of responsive supply chain capabilities within the respective categories while working closely with the Category teams and RSC/Capacity planning teams within Sourcing Strategy.
RSC Initiatives -
- Identify opportunities across the supply chain to drive more responsive models
- Recommends new RSC initiatives to support brands needs across speed and flexibility
- Integrate RSC models with Vendor and COO strategies
- Drive implementation and hindsight of new RSC programs
- Build guardrails to ensure proper implementation
Capacity Planning & Management -
- Plan seasonal and long term capacity with key garment vendors
- Manage seasonally capacity allocation and risks/opportunities
- Build long term capacity expansion plan with key suppliers
- Map out supply chain for key product groups
- Partner with Category Sourcing to build responsive models
- Manage RPT tool to ensure programs are being properly nominated within guardrails
- Identify opportunities to enhance current systems and processes
- Build reports to review key RSC programs by product group
- Analyze reports to identify future opportunities
- Strategy and Consulting experience - proven experience in the field of strategy or management consulting. Prior experience in Strategy consulting, retail and/or consumer products
- Business Acumen - solid experience on supply chain knowledge
- Educational Qualifications- Master's or Bachelor's degree in business administration, statistics, operation/supply-chain management, or related discipline
- Planning & Organizing - proven experience in plan, prioritize and adapt to change while achieving and maintaining results for multiple projects
- Collaboration- Proven ability to influence and make decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Problem Solver & Drive results- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges. can see a problem from multiple angles and provide viable, innovative options for resolution
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across various stakeholders
- Business Performance Improvement - proven track record of improvement based on fact-based analysis or benchmarking
- Excellent Communicator - proven capability to communicate and present effectively in adaption to the audience needs.
- Analytical Skills- Possess strong data analytical skills and ability to identify trends
- Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top