Manager, Social Media
About the role
The Social Media Manager plays a key role on Athleta's social media team as the leader responsible for seamlessly managing and executing successful social media content and campaigns across owned and external social channels.
This role requires someone with:
What you'll do
- A creative mindset that's always churning with actionable ideas that help enhance Athleta's social media presence and achieve our brand and business growth goals.
- A constant finger on the digital pulse and an eye on the social landscape to discover what's new, what competitors are doing, and what innovations are around the corner.
- Excellent project management skills, detailed-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including Email, Website, Merchandising, HR and Internal Communications teams to further social media objectives.
- Assist in mentoring and development of junior team members.
Social Campaigns, Content & Influencer Programs
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Social Media to elevate social media and digital strategies, and lead execution of annual and seasonal social media programs and campaigns.
- Oversee day-to-day management of Athleta's social channels, partnering with internal creative teams to build out monthly content calendars, defining cadence and overall strategy on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others as needed.
- Manage digital influencer campaigns to grow brand awareness and assure a steady cadence of high-quality, brand-right content for our social channels.
- Help to manage Brand Ambassador social media presence and contributor program.
- Oversee regional Instagram handles (@Athleta_LA, @Athleta_SF, @AthletaNYC) and provide guidance and support.
- Foresee gaps in content flow and proactively propose ideas for engaging the contributor network and internal resources.
- Help to oversee social media analysis and metrics with internal and external partners.
Social Calendar & Content Publishing
- Lead internal team, partners and contributors to manage the social content calendar with accurate and up-to-date information that aligns with the seasonal marketing calendar and messaging.
- Oversee scheduling and posting of all content in sync with the calendar and according to channel goals and best practices for high engagement; check to assure it goes out as planned, including weekends, while nimbly adjusting to unknowns and scheduling changes.
- Work with leadership, agency teams and internal partners to assure content requirements are clear; manage delivery of assets needed to execute content programs, assure they're delivered on schedule, and oversee approvals in advance of publication.
- Work with Digital Media team to help bring thought leadership and social best practices to paid advertising being run on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest + Twitter.
- Help to promote new store openings via Facebook Events and using geo-location targeting to help reach local communities.
- Identify over-performing posts and provide recommendations as to how to leverage across paid media and other e-commerce platforms.
- Work with Community Manager to ensure consistent, high-quality, brand-right engagement across all owned and external social channels.
- Successfully oversee the partnership with Customer Service to keep them in-the-know on social campaigns and arm them to address questions or issues that arise.
- Degree (marketing or communications preferred) and 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- A passion for social media that manifests in a drive to remain active in multiple social networks and consume the latest, greatest technology, social network or app to help enhance your digital world
- A strong interest in fitness, wellness and fashion
- Examples of work demonstrating the ability to create fun, high-quality, engaging social media content and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills with attention to detail
- Effective leadership and project management skills
- Creative thinker with an innate visual aesthetic
- A marketing mindset with the ability to articulate how an idea comes to life and reaches its intended audience
- Hands-on knowledge of digital media tools - Digital photography, basic Photoshop/photo editing skills, knowledge of apps commonly used for creating social content; basic video creation/editing skills are a bonus
- Experience using a variety of popular social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and project management tools; adept at learning new tools and technologies
- Thrives on working in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to proactively identify issues and areas of opportunity
Back to top