Manager, Product Safety, Global Supply Chain
The Product Safety Manager supports the implementation of corporate policies and procedures as part of the global supply chain to ensure consumer safety. Participates in line reviews and provides guidance to ensure products meet requirements for consumer safety and compliance, working directly with Brand partners, Sourcing partners, Legal departments, independent laboratories and others. Provides support in the troubleshooting and root cause analysis of Design or Manufacturing defects that could create safety hazards.
- Participates in line reviews of high-risk products and works closely with Brand partners prior to order placement to ensure products meet requirements for consumer safety
- Documents line review findings, including identification of product safety issues, and guidance for resolution.
- Supports the implementation of strategies to ensure the safety of all for Gap Inc. customers.
- Ensures preventive measures are in place to avoid product recalls.
- If product recalls occur, leads root cause analysis, corrective action and preventative plan
- Researches and provides product safety information for Legal during litigation activities.
- Assists in the development of specifications and protocols, including special projects related to revision of Gap Inc. product manuals. Engages with independent laboratories and special consultants, as needed.
- Assists in the investigations/root cause analysis of regulatory and safety failures, in-store or customer escalations and litigation.
- Researches and provides product requirements for Gap Inc. markets or product categories that are new or in development
- Engages Sourcing Partners to ensure successful implementation of Gap Inc. policies and procedures
- Participates in the development and deployment of educational materials and training events, designed to promote product safety awareness among Brand Business Partners.
- BA or BS degree with 3-4 years' experience in product safety, regulations, quality assurance or related technical field. Experience must include demonstrated understanding of textile fabrication and garment construction. Demonstrated knowledge of product testing and analysis preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative and utilize resources.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other applications.
- Bachelor's degree in textiles, engineering or business administration preferred
- Experience in a global apparel or retail company preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top