Manager, Product Finance, Gap Global
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to join the newly formedProduct Finance team. The role will reportto the Director of Product Finance and provide decision support analysisrelated to product investment and growth opportunities. Primary business partners include Merchandising,Logistics, Strategy and Inventory Management.
Candidates that are best suited for this role possess a stronganalytical aptitude, the ability to think strategically and excellentcommunication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Merchant team to develop business case analysis related to product investments
- Prepare reporting and provide insight regarding the product to market process
- Provideanalytical support into effectiveness of product strategies through ad hocanalysis and special projects
- Produce portfolio financial analysis, includingprogram depth and breadth by division/channel
- Developshort and long term financial analysis related to product and division growthstrategies
- Hindsighthistorical strategies to understand profitability and provide recommendations
- Helpbuild tools and create processes for ongoing analytical support to the productteams
55 THOMAS STREET
- Bachelor'sdegree required; MBA a plus
- 5-7years of financial or business analysis experience
- Previousexperience in retail is a plus, but not required
- Strong written, presentation, and oral communicationskills; experience presenting to senior leadership
- Expert in Excel, including Vlookup, PivotTables, etc.; Strong in PowerPoint; Experience with Essbase is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability tosynthesize financial analysis and business objectives into clear businessrecommendations. Solid understanding of financial modeling such as IRR/NPVanalysis
- Abilityto manage multiple projects and adapt work style/processes in a fast pacedenvironment
- Abilityto work with a large amount of detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Self-motivated:able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities andbe accountable for results
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top