Manager, Product Development Strategy & Operations - Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: This person will lead and support key projects within Global Product Development that drive efficiency and unlock margin. Identify, recommend and implement process and product development capabilities for Global PD becoming a best in class organization. Project management of key brand initiatives. Implementation of training for all people, process and tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a thought partner to leadership and cross functional partners in strategic changes, goal setting and future initiatives.
- Complete, maintain workplan documents outlining scope goals, deliverables, required resources and budget for key global pd intiatives.
- Training of all new process' tools
- Communicate current/new process and deliverables cross functionally to ensure common understanding and requirements for success.
- Coordinate and educate best practices within Gapinc.
Strategic P2M Lifecycle Management:
- Support the building of new Global PD capabilities that transform the way BR looks at product creation.
- Identify, recommend and implement process enhancements based on industry and/or Gapinc brand portfolio.
- Calendar Management: seasonal building, alignment and communication
- Metrics and Dashboard reporting
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure reporting and data are consistent across all functions
- Train global production team on all brand reporting tools : Pete/RPT/Tradestone/PLM
55 THOMAS STREET
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably with supply chain, retail apparel, management consulting and/or consumer products
- Strategic mindset and ability to create future vision
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong change management, strategy and operational experience
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Strong interpersonal skills, works well as a part of a cross-functional team and is able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization
- Proven presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, decision making, trouble-shooting, mediation, negotiations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong decision making, time management and organization skills
- Proven ability to teach and transfer knowledge
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel proficiency preferred
2) Minimum educational level:
- 4 year Bachelors degree required
3) Minimum experience:
- 4 years People Management experience in directing the daily activities of a staff consisting of a least 1 direct report
- Experience within multitasking work environments
- Must have best practice knowledge and demonstrated experience in supply chain
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and turn information into effective strategies and drive results
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in influencing change outside of span of control or authority
- Ability to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Strong knowledge or retail/apparel experience preferred
- 1 to 2 years apparel production experience
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top