Manager, Product Development (Advance Concepts Performance)
The Manager drives cross-brand developments for core launches of (Performance) product pre-season to the point of commercialization prior to being passed to the seasonal Product Development Team. The role leverages on design, consumer insights and key trends to drive product development, working with brand COE to develop roadmaps and supporting long term innovation projects in the category. Collaborating closely with brand merchandising, design, PD fabric teams & suppliers, the incumbent develops product pipelines in accordance with brand strategies on cost, speed, quality and innovation.
- Formulate product development plan for cross-brand product launches and innovation roadmap
- Lead product development process with close cooperation of stakeholders within the organization
- Facilitate coordination and communication between brand merchandising, design, PD/fabric teams (US/GIS) & suppliers
- Research and trend analyzation in field of Performance with innovative solutions cross-brand
- Drive discipline to meet product development calendar inclusive of supplier & brand meetings/travel on annual, seasonal, ad hoc basis
- Ensuredevelopment milestones are met via tracking of materials and samples to ensure deadlines are met or adjusted as required
- Drive core product launches and smooth transition from concept to commercialization in accordance with brand strategies (cost, speed, quality, innovation)
- Enhance team technical knowledge by providing guidance to cross-functional team by utilizing expertise and networks to drive execution of concepts
- Performance Expertise - demonstrated experience in driving development of performance apparel specifically in women's performance bottoms and sports bras
- Supplier network - knowledge and experience with Performance Supplier Landscape
- Project plan development - ability to architect development plans that support product and sourcing strategies
- Project plan management - track record of driving launch developments from concept to delivery
- Collaboration - Proven ability to engage directly with brand design and merchandising teams acting as a strong collaborator & influencer capable of leading product development direction to satisfy brand aesthetic, innovation & financial objectives
- Change Management- experience leading with/out authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
- Problem Solver- Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems and effectively manage challenges
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation and influencing across a team.
- Detail Oriented- proven history of attention to detail with strong follow through and organization skills
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Back to top