Manager - Pricing Strategy - Women's
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Manager of Pricing Strategy will partner with the cross-functional team to develop and implement pricing strategies for a given product division Globally (stores and online channels). They will provide research and analysis around pricing architecture, consumer insights and competitive patterning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and analyze category level pricing architecture
- Partner closely with merchandising, planning, and product testing teams to inform, influence, and help implement seasonal pricing and promotional strategies
- Partner with Gap Brand Strategy team to inform and influence long-range product category plans and seasonal assortment strategy
- Collaborate with Gap, Inc. Strategy and Consumer Insights to compile and analyze consumer insights and competitive patterning around product pricing
- Prepare presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Attend critical go-to-market, commercial planning and business update meetings
- Conduct ad-hoc pricing research and analysis
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues
- Solid presence and influencing skills to foster key cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated analytical skill with experience gathering and interpreting quantitative and financial data
- Demonstrated hypotheses-driven problem solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses from disparate sources of information
- Demonstrated strategic agility and broad business perspective
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and to work independently or with teams
- Ability to drive results across simultaneous projects under tight time pressures
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- 3 to 6 years work experience required
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment required
- Experience in retail / consulting / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, or mathematics
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top