Manager, Pricing Strategy - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Manager of Pricing Strategy will partner with the cross-functional team to develop and implement pricing strategies for a given product division within the US Market (stores and online channels). They will provide research and analysis around pricing architecture, promotional effectiveness, consumer insights and competitive patterning in partnership with Gap, Inc. Strategy and Consumer Insights teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and analyze pricing architecture and promotional effectiveness
- Collaborate with Gap, Inc. Strategy and Consumer Insights to compile and analyze consumer insights and competitive patterning around product pricing
- Partner with Old Navy Product Strategy team to inform and influence long-range product category plans and seasonal assortment strategy
- Partner with cross-functional Product team to inform and influence seasonal pricing and promotional strategies
- Partner with Pricing Operations and Inventory Strategy teams to optimize pricing optimization and execution tools
- Prepare presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Attend critical go-to-market, commercial planning and business update meetings
- Conduct ad-hoc pricing research and analysis
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Solid presence and influencing skills to foster key cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated analytical skill with experience gathering and interpreting quantitative and financial data
- Demonstrated hypotheses-driven problem solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses from disparate sources of information
- Demonstrated strategic agility and broad business perspective
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and to work independently or with teams
- Ability to drive results across simultaneous projects under tight time pressures
- 4+ years' work experience required
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment required
- Experience in supply chain management / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, or mathematics
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top