Manager - Paid Social & Digital Marketing
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Manager, Social Marketing is responsible for overseeing and managing digital advertising and direct response initiatives served on social media channels for Gap Inc's portfolio of brands (Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Intermix). The role involves strategic development of digital marketing programs, media planning, testing roadmaps, and implementation of these initiatives to motivate customers to transact online and in store. The Manager, Social Marketing will manage the agencies overseeing direct response social media marketing programs and continually improve upon the return on investment of each consecutive initiative. This position sits within Gap Inc's centralized Customer and Strategy team and will work cross functionally with the individual brand marketing teams. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a deep understanding of analytics, a willingness to work within a highly matrixed organization, and possess a passion and curiosity for digital marketing and media.
- Develop the global strategy for direct response marketing programs on social networks with a focus on driving positive, incremental return on ad spend and new customer acquisition
- Design and implement rigorous test frameworks that measure the incremental impact of social media marketing on online and offline revenue and sales
- Define a measurement, analysis and reporting framework for direct response marketing initiatives, developing clear benchmarks and goals within social media channels
- Evangelize a "test & learn" mindset within Gap Inc. and amongst our agency partners
- Identify and address any data, platform or technology gaps that might hinder successful test and learn deployment
- Write detailed program and test briefs and evolve platform KPIs and reporting, as learnings dictate
- Synthesize and share campaign results and best practices within Gap Inc. and ensure relevant information is communicated to brand partners
- Champion best practices regarding the measurement of ad effectiveness, especially as it relates to marketing effectiveness and multi-channel campaign optimization
- Provide decision making support for business partners by working with the team to define problems or desired outcomes, determine required information, synthesize findings, and recommend action
- Collaborate with the Analytics and Strategy team to drive a deeper understanding of direct response social media marketing opportunities and to identify growth areas for the channel
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or digital agency experience preferred
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience, managing digital campaigns to acquire & engage users throughout the funnel
- 2+ years direct work experience in Paid Social activation, focusing on conversion driving strategies
- Proven track record of developing and implementing rigorous test and control programs
- Experience successfully managing agencies and consultant resources with demonstrated understanding of and proven implementation of analytics best practices
- Understanding of the interplay between online/social and traditional channels
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to drive the evolution of a program through the application of data insights
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to distill complex ideas into easily understandable stories
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint and business intelligence tools
- Comfort working in marketing/analytics tools such as Omniture and Facebook Business Manager
- Experience with marketing, especially Database, Direct, Email, and Interactive Marketing - Ideally in a multi-channel, retail environment
- Exhibits intense curiosity, proactively digging beneath the superficial to identify relevant, information-based facts
- Experience with creative best practices and analysis on all major platforms
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top